Horrible Storm

So saturday march 13, i had work bright and early! I woke up at 6am and had to be at work at 7:30am. I came home at 3:30, by the time i got home it was 4:00. So i came home, changed started eating lunch and was sitting on my couch in my living room on my laptop.

So all throughout the day we had very horrible weather, winds around 20-30 mph, rain.. rain & rain!

While i was sitting on my couch resting.. we had a "mini" blackout that lasted about a minute.. and we had 2 more.. a couple of seconds later.. everytime we had a blackout you would here a loud boom .. which would be transformers blowing up!

So about 15 minutes later i hear a loud noise, and the floor shake.. a tree fell down .. not just a tiny tree .. a HUGE tree, and it broke a car.. it was about 10 feet away from my house!

we had about 5 more mini blackouts.. the tree was laying along one of the powerlines.. and by 10pm we lost all the power..

i've been sleeping on my couch because me room is being re-done,

so i ended up going to sleep at 11:30, the wind blowing about 70mph that night! over 700 trees in ny and 400 in s.i. or long island i cant really remember.. anywho back to my story

the wind actually blew the rain in a certain way.. that my living room ceiling started leaking..so my dad started to cut it open.

so i was sleeping.. at 1am my oldest sister texted me and it woke me up.. she texted me back cause i called her.. btw i hate when people do that!

so then at 2am my ceiling started leaking .. my dog was laying right were it was leaking so his collar would jingle everytime he felt a drop of water, so i had to get a bucket and i heard water dripping all night..

oh tottally forgot.. at 10:30, a half hour after it fell the fire trucks were on my block but had to leave to take care of other things.. then at 12am the cops came by to see .. but they left and closed off my block..

at 12am a truck came with some workers and they were chainsawing the branches down all night.. i heard the guys yelling back and forth to eachother.. along with the rain drops dripping!

then around 4am our verizon fios service came back on .. and our internet box kept beeping!! i couldnt turn it off i ripped out wires covers.. and finally realized there was a button to silence it..

then at 5:00 the power came back on .. so my fire place fan came on, a little light came on by my tv, my dinning room cieling fan came on full blast, the kitchen lights came on and the basement lights turned on .. so i ran around turning everything off.. except the little light

.. i then got up to shut it off because we usually leave it on .. but it felt so nice to rest with everything off so i shut it off.. went back to sleep and then 45mins later i had to get up and had to start getting ready for work! ... a 8hour work day!!

so thats just one big thing i wanted to talk to you about.. my first LONG blog,

alright now i'm going to bed

night bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment